Sorry, this position is now closed.
We are Frankman Design, a creative branding, design and advertising agency located on the Harbour side in Torquay and we are looking for an Apprentice to grow and develop into a leading marketing and website design professional.
Working with the latest software, we will keep you busy by teaching you the skills needed to promote companies on and off line. We will guide you through the process of brand development, how to promote and market businesses, introduce you to design and advertising, and teach you how to produce eye-catching websites.
We are not looking for a rocket scientist, but we are looking for someone who is keen to get into brand development, website design, and marketing. You need to have a great imagination, have an eye for detail, and want to help businesses to attract new clients.
You maybe fresh out of school following your GCSE’s, just completed your ‘A’ levels, currently at college or University, or simply looking for a new career opportunity. Whatever your situation, we want to hear why you want to work within a design studio, why you think branding and marketing is important to business, and what you like to do in your spare time.
If you have designed using a computer, created a website, or have an art book filled with your sketches, then let us know. If you have any work experience then don’t keep it a secret, it all helps!
To help you with your application, you can either use our guideline application process (see below), or you can send us your CV with a covering letter letting us know why you want to work within a design studio.
So, if you want to earn while you learn, have an eye for detail, and have used some, or all of the following software packages, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, or WordPress, then stop reading this and send us your CV!
You will earn £7,800 in your first year, have 20 days holiday, start at 9am, finishing at 5pm, with 1 hour for lunch. For 11-weeks of the year you will spend one of your days out of the office to attend South Devon College to gain either your Marketing (level 2) qualification or your Creative and Digital Media (level 3) qualification, the option is yours.
For more information on your Marketing qualification please click here.
For more information on your Creative and Digital Media qualification please click here
Important: The closing date for our Apprenticeship position is the 29th May 2015!!
This could be your first job application, and you may be slightly nervous, but don’t worry, everybody goes through it!
To help you with your application process we have highlighted some points that you should think about when applying for your apprenticeship position. Use the points below as a guide, if you feel we have missed anything that you are itching to tell us, then just add it!
- Tell us your name, this is always a good start to any application process.
- Let us know where you live, and how we can contact you. You may prefer email, phone, or a letter to your home.
- Can you use any of the software we have listed (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, or have used WordPress)?
- Let us know if you have any GCSE’s, ‘A’ levels, or any other qualifications.
- If you have been a prefect, completed your Duke of Edinburgh’s award, have a medal in swimming or have any other achievements, then don’t keep them to yourself, tell us all about them.
- Have you had a job, either a part-time, holiday, or full time job? Then let us know. Tell us where you worked, how long you worked there, and why you left.
- What do you do in your spare time? This could be anything from doodling in a sketchbook, working a part-time job, or any hobbies/interests. If you are just leaving school you maybe thinking studying, studying, studying, but don’t worry, if that’s what you have been doing, then let us know.
- Let us know at least two references, don’t forget to tell us if we can contact them and what their contact details are. These could be past employers, teachers, or if you attend any clubs it could be the person in charge. Oh, and don’t forget to let them know that you have used them as a reference.
- Provide a cover letter with your application, tell us why you would like to work in a design studio, why you think branding and marketing is important to business, and why you have chosen us.
- You can either email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can send it to our address, which is:
3-4 Vaughan Parade
So that you are not left in the dark, this is what will happen throughout the application process:
- You send us your application.
- We will send you a quick email or letter to let you know that we have received it. If you haven’t heard from us within a couple of days, give us a call on 01803 411016, as we have either not received it, or you have not received our confirmation.
- During the month of May we will short list the people who we would like to interview. We will then contact you to arrange a suitable interview time and date, all interviews will take place between the 1st and 5th June 2015. If, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful, we will still write to you to let you know.
- You will then come in for an interview, don’t forget to bring any work that you want to show. We will have a chat, ask you a few questions based around your application, you can ask us a few questions, and we can show you the type of work that you will be learning.
- We will then contact every interviewee during the following week to let you know if you have been successful.